Working With An Agent8 Frequently Asked Questions
How does working with an agent benefit me?
- It saves you time.
- It makes you a more informed buyer.
- It makes you more competitive in a constant changing market.
- It helps you navigate through the complicated process of acquiring a home in New York.
Should I have one agent from each real state company so that I don’t miss any properties?
The Corcoran Group cooperates (co-brokes) with most of the other agencies, sponsors, and often directly with the owners. One call to me can get you the information you need on all the properties in which you are interested.
But what about other companies’ exclusives? How can I see them through you if they are not on your exclusives?
An exclusive listing means that the seller of the property is represented exclusively by his or her selling agent. You as a buyer (represented by me as your “Corcoran buyer’s agent”), can see that property and I make all the arrangements to view it. And since exclusive listings are co-broked, you will not be missing out.
What about Sunday Open Houses?
A great way to see many properties in one day is by going to Sunday open houses. (The downside is that they are often crowded.) If you like looking on Sundays, I’ll register you for the open houses you wish to attend. In the event that you go by yourself, be sure to put down your name, my name and my phone number when you sign in at each place. This way you will be represented if you want to make an offer on any of the properties you have seen.
How do I know you aren't going to miss any properties?
Corcoran has one of the largest data bases in New York, which is updated daily and includes properties from many different realty firms. If you would like to be a part of the searching process, just let me know and I’d be happy to work with you as a team. If you prefer that route, you can go online to the various websites, look in the newspaper and in the real estate magazines, and we can compare notes. Be sure to email me all the listings you find online so I can research them further and make appointments for you.
If I am going to do the work, why do I need an agent?
As a Corcoran agent I have a much more extensive and up-to date data base than the public will find on the Internet. I usually receive the listings before the public has access to the web. The market moves much faster than the Internet and I’ll be able to tell you the status of the properties in which you are interested. If you ever see something you think that I “missed” it’s probably because I’ve already eliminated it for being in contract or sold. One call to me will get you the timely information you need.
Buying a home is expensive; do I have to pay an agent fee?
You don’t have to. Brokers fees are paid by the seller; not the buyer. When a property is co-broked, the broker fee is shared between the selling agent’s company and the buying agent’s company. There is no additional out-of-pocket expense to you.
Once I find the perfect apartment, what do I do?
Finding dream home is the easy part. There is a lot of prep work that goes into purchasing a home in NYC and once you are ready to make an offer, you will really begin to depend on me.
I’ll be there to advise you every step of the way to:
- Find the right mortgage agent to arrange the necessary financing.
- Put together a strong offer package to be competitive in the market.
- Negotiate the price and terms of the sale.
- Find the right attorney to represent you.
- Assemble the best possible board package to qualify you for acceptance.
- Coach you for the Board interview.
- Prepare you for your closing.
Corcoran is a full service company and I believe in giving nothing less than complete service to my buyers. In return, I ask you to communicate with me often to help create a loyal, trusting relationship.
For this loyalty, you can expect the following from me:
- Knowledgeability – I’m always on top of the latest market trends in New York City Real Estate.
- Accessibility – I’m just a call, text, or email away.
- Availability – I arrange showings around your schedule, not mine.
- Accountability – I’m always prompt and honest in all transactions.
- Hard-working – I won’t stop working for you until you have what you have the home you want.